Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 7

It's been about a week since my 1st treatment started. I had only a little nausea Wed, Thurs and Friday but nothing much. I was able to eat and keep things down and was feeling pretty good. The home-care nurse came on Friday afternoon and disconnected the needle from my port. She spent most of the time first doing paperwork then trying to get all the special Tegaderm tape off of everything. I thing they put about 20 pieces on just to cover it and keep the tubes and everything dry. Now my skin is reacting some to the "special" tape. My appetite continues, just can't eat that much (a big blessing :)

My mom has been here and we've enjoyed chatting about all kinds of things. She's so happy that I'm not feeling sick. (me too!) A friend mentioned that laughter is good for the immune system. Well, having Mom here can be quite comical at times. She tells some pretty funny stories from way back. Then when she throws her dutch in there and I just kind of glaze over she'll try to translate which just brings more laughter. It's great to have her here with me.

Cleansing tears are good too. On Sunday the congregation was given an opportunity to come forward and be prayed over. I'm a pretty reserved and shy person and feel uncomfortable "being seen". But I felt that this was what God would want me to do. I'm trying to keep giving control back to Him so I felt I needed to be up there. So Rick & I went forward and were met by the pastor. Of course I cried. At first because of my situation but then just because I was so thankful that God is in control of this whole thing and felt His peace falling over me.

So I guess I'd have to say that the only side effect so far is the little bit of nausea that I got during those 3 days. Wow! I pray this continues.

God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi and Rick - From one of your comments on our blog, I (ellen) stumbled on your blog and we had no idea what you guys are going through!! We are so sorry to hear of your battle! We will definitely pray for you and your health!

- Ellen and Damion

Anonymous said...

So are you in the mood for anything from Timmy's since you have a connection there now? I remember when Becca was at our house for small group how you & Rick used to hang out at the Timmy's down the street! We miss you guys & pray for you each day!
Rita