Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Mobility

Judi is completely mobile! All the IVs are out. She was able to take a shower on her own, and she reveled in it. I think she ran the hospital out of hot water :-) We're thinking of going outside, but I took her shoes home (last week!) and I haven't returned them.

We don't know what hurdles are left before she can go home, but we're hoping they've all been crossed.

We did more than think of going outside. We took a long walk and Judi was in the sun for the first time since last Monday. Then we sat away from her room and talked and did some Hawaiian dancing. She's getting goofy, so - she's getting better.

Judi's making plans to have her dog visit her outside. She really misses Fargo, and Fargo is quite "out of sorts" without Judi too.

I listened to "In You" a lot today. But I didn't cry, much. That girl of mine has me all messed up. I really miss her not being home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick
I had happy & sad tears (actually sobs) after reading yours and Judi's last posts...happy tears for Judi that she feels so well and sad tears for you Rick that she is not home with you and the kids (but soon)...yep Judi sounds ready to go home!...I hope they let her go soon
love Evelyn xoxo