Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Familial Tremor?

I know what you're thinking. What in the world is familial tremor? I certainly never knew what it was before this year. My uncle has had it since he was a teenager, and I thought I had it too. Anyway, to answer; "what is it?" - it's an involuntary shake that occurs, usually in one hand. It's a neurological condition, much like Parkinson's. In my case, the shaking is in my right hand and leg.

I had a CT scan a while back, just to make sure there wasn't any abnormality there. The results came back normal, so it appears I have a brain after all :-)

I had seen a neurologist and he had done a quick clinical evaluation on me. At the time he didn't think I had Parkinson's, but now he's leaning that way. He's going to send me to specialists in London to confirm or deny the diagnosis.

I haven't been thinking about it much lately, just putting up with the symptoms. I can only focus on one thing at a time, and that one thing is Judi's treatment and recovery.

We have been so blessed with prayers. I didn't want to leave this area of my life out of Gods' blessing to us.

Oh, one more thing if I may; the weather got colder, I didn't bundle up, I'm getting a cold. I'm keeping my distance from Judi as we can't have her getting sick.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

God bless you.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

It's great that we can follow Judi's battle along all the way from here and we're also happy to hear that so far, it's going good!
I LOVE the hairdo - did I understand Rebecca did it? Awesome!
Love and prayers
Rob and Dorothy