Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's Leaving Day

I've got mixed feelings about leaving. Yesterday was the first day I thought, "Yes, I'm ready and wanting to go home" I know while I'm here I'm getting the best care and if anything would happen I'm in the right place. But today I'm antsy to get home to my own surroundings, my own bed [ and toilet :-) ], and of course my doggie.
So it's 11:50 and the waiting continues. All kinds of details have to be checked to see if I am ready to go. My INR levels are good. My O2 is good (96!). So now just the deets. Wait, and make the phone call for my limo to arrive. I'm feeling pretty good, moving around helping my new roommate unplug her IV pole - that kind of thing. I get sleepy quickly so I think I'll have a nice nap when I get home. Stop for now, more later.

12:50 update - newsflash, newsflash - my best friend nurse Jen came in to my room with a big smile. I can go home, anytime. Once I get off the phone with Rick I'm calling the limo.

Dictated to Rick over the phone. Note from Rick - I got to hear the yippee when Judi found out :-)

No comments: