It's amazing how sleepy you get in here when you just stay up all day sitting in a chair and NOT sleeping. By 8pm I'm cozy in my bed but I don't go to sleep til 10 so that I'll sleep most of the night thru. Anyway, Rick, Becca and my mom left at 6pm when visitors hours ended today (Sunday) and Rick had my first hospital blog posting in hand. My roommate had company and when they left I put the headphones on and started listening to the 1st song while doing some Sudoku.(Becca got me hooked). Well it didn't take long before the tears just started to fall. The song is “In You” by MercyMe.
I put my hope in You
I lay my life in palm of your hand
I'm constantly drawn to You Lord
In ways I cannot comprehend
It's the Creator calling the created
The Maker beckoning the made
The bride finding what she's always waited for
When we find ourselves that day
Chorus
In You where the hungry feast at the table
The blind frozen by colors in view
The lame will dance, They'll dance for they are able
And the weary find rest
Oh the weary find rest in You
It's no secret that we don't belong here
Those set apart by the grace of You
And we look for the day when we go to a place
Where the old becomes brand new
Just sitting there listening to the music felt so – peaceful. It's hard to explain but it felt very different, almost like Jesus was sitting there with me.
One of my favourite verses is Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
All we need to do is come to Him – he's already waiting ... not go – but come. “my yoke upon you” “learn from me” We don't have to figure it out! “For I am gentle ... my yoke is easy”.
That's it for tonite. If you can believe this my roommate just brought back chinese food and it's 9pm. More on roomie later.
Day 8
Sept 1st – Groundhog day. No wait, that's tomorrow, today is Labour Day.
So I had a couple pieces of chicken balls last night from my roomie. I ripped all the batter off - just the “sort of” good stuff.
Ok more on roomie. She's in the hospital only because she has a wound that is leaking. She is a veteran – a 25 year hospital patient so she knows her schedule; when to be in her bed (sometimes) and then takes off for the rest of the time to join the group of air analyzers about 100 feet or so from the hospital. She'll come back 1-2 hours later for food or shots or something and goes back outside. She's got a huge heart and talks to everyone there and some people even seek her out when they hear her talking. Anyway, she joined me in this room my 3rd or 4th day and has been a help to me since she's so mobile. If the light is left on at night by the nurses she'll go and shut it off. It would take quite a procedure for me to do that , but I am getting better.
Anyway, that's roomie (Janice).
More later,
Love you all,
Judi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment