Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Went to visit

So I saw Mum today. I gave her the painting and she loved it. I hung it up where she can see it. I felt a little bad because I didn't have a lot to talk about. So I stayed for about an hour, because she got tired and wanted to take a nap.
When I got there she was sitting in a chair, and she said they wanted her to start walking today. It would help her heal.
She's hooked up to all these tubes...oxygen, epidural, IV. All that fun stuff. I was worried when I saw the oxygen, but its probably just because she can't breath as deep, so having oxygen tubes is just to make sure she gets enough of it.
She was drinking water and she had eaten a Popsicle, which is good because they said she wouldn't be able to drink until Wednesday, imagine how dry her mouth would have been =[.

Surprisingly I've been having fun playing housewife. Going grocery shopping, making dinner, being worried if nobody likes the dinner. It's odd, the feeling of freedom even with all this new responsibility.

2 comments:

Rick VanGameren said...

My daughter is one extra-special young lady. Thanks for brightening Mom's day.

rackmils said...

OK, I'm trying to picture Becca as a housewife....I think I can!
I don't think I taught the girls in our small group to cook but maybe I should have?!
Love you girl - you go!
Rita