Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pascal's Prayer

"Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with Your power; and little things as though they were great, since I do them in Your name."

I don't really know how this relates to what's going on with Mom, but I really liked it from tonite's reading. I know what it means for me now though. I'll start off with how weird of a .. well, few weeks it's been. After learning that my mom has cancer, I first didn't know what to think. I handled it pretty well and everything, it's just one of those things like.. this can't happen to us, or this isn't really happening is it? Things have been mixed up for me after this, but it's not about me. I know now what I have to do. I have to step up and be the man God created me to be. I can't just keep putting things off. I realize now, and should have a long time ago, that Time is way valuable!
I love my family and friends for being so supportive at this time, and I know Mom is in their thoughts and prayers. As for me, I will be praying and serving for God, trusting Him through it all.

No comments: