Sunday, November 09, 2008

November 9th

It's been a while since I last posted. I guess as Rick said in the previous post, things are becoming kind of routine. I had my 4th chemo treatment last week Wed., For my 1st treatment I was up front in one of the chairs and for my 2nd & 3rd I was in back in a bed since I had that strange reaction during my 1st treatment - lazy tongue and slurred words. I was back up front this time since now they just give me an IV with Benadryl first before the chemo drugs. Not much of a lazy tongue, maybe only a little. I felt more queasy this time and kept looking around for a garbage can "just in case". When you're plugged into the wall (the IV pump uses electricity) you realize you can't make too many fast moves so you want to be prepared. We were at the clinic at 9am and were able to leave by 2pm. This was nice since there was still some daytime left. On Friday the nurse came to disconnect the pump. It's supposed to infuse over 46 hours and I'm usually a little slow so the clinic had said to disconnect after 1:30 (48 hours). When the nurse arrived she didn't think it was totally empty so we sat and chatted for awhile. It was funny, I was thinking of heating a magic bag and putting it against the valve the regulates the drug (next to my port) to speed things up. It was only a thought and I didn't act upon it. But the nurse told us that she heard of a lady who wrapped herself up in an electric blanket because she was cold. This made the chemo really speed up and what should have taken 46 hours took only 12. She almost died. Yikes! And she was just cold and wanted to get warm! The nurse did finally disconnect me at about 3pm. I don't know if it's just psychological but before I get disconnected and then for several hours after I again feel more queasy. But enough of that. I am so thankful to God that my symptoms are very minimal. So I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining.

My CT Scan has been scheduled for Friday November 14 @10am. Please pray for the results, - that the liver would be free of any cancer.

Thanks so much for caring enough to stop in and check out this blog. We love your comments, emails, notes of encouragement and your prayers. They mean a great deal.

"And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi,
It sounds like you are doing remarkably well physically and emotionally.
I was telling the kids about you being sick and how we've known each other since grade 5. They think that's pretty cool that we've known each other so long. Talking to them about our friendship brought up a lot of old memories.
Do you remember the time we decided to become blood sisters? I was hanging out at your house one Saturday and we were sitting in front of the garage when we came up with this brilliant plan. We weren't too keen on pricking our fingers with a pin so we opted for scabs instead. We rubbed our scabs together and voila we were scab sisters forever. Sounds disgusting doesn't it? We must be the only scab sisters on the planet and I can understand why!! My kids were disgusted but not surprised that I would do something like that.
I think of you often and I pray that all is well when you go for your CAT Scan. Take care scab sister!
Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi,
Glad to hear you are feeling okay, we pray for continued wellness xoxoxo. I enjoyed Jane's story about you becoming a scab sister :)
love Evelyn

thecloser said...

We're definitely praying for ya sister! We can't wait to hear the good results! We love you, the Schillys

Anonymous said...

Judy and Rick please check this website out....hacres.com.
I have seen Rev. Malcmus(?) in St. Cath as a guest speaker..He's on fire.....do with the info what you will but at least read what the website has.