I got a letter from Blood Services Canada asking me to think about how I want to celebrate my 75th blood donation. At first I just wanted to ignore it and quietly go about my business, but then I got to thinking ....
How about if I ask friends and family to join me? You wouldn't have to come to Windsor, but if you could plan to give blood on Monday, January 5, 2009, which is the day of my next (75th) donation - that would be awesome!
Judi and I got a window sticker from the Cancer Society that says;
Use your cancer-fighting powers. Volunteer.
There's not too many ways that we can save lives. Most of us don't work in health care. We're not in the military. But - giving blood is a way for us to save lives. It's interesting that the first entry for how blood donations save lives is for Cancer treatment. Judi and I saw a lady getting a transfusion so that she would be able to continue chemo.
You may not be a regular blood donor. You may have never given before. I'm not asking for a lifetime commitment, just one donation on January 5. You could resolve to do it at New Years.
Let me know by commenting here. I'll post on January 5.
Thank you, and God bless you.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Count me in! I always tried to give every 8 weeks when I was working because Red Cross would come to our building. Apparently I'm slightly anemic, so they would often give me the "I Tried" sticker. Well, I'll make sure to eat my raisins and get my blood good and "strong" for January 5th!
How did Judi's appt. go today? Any news on her liver? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
Laura
Set in stone! On my calendar! Congrats on the 75th!
Matthew
Hey, if I'm leaving this same post a second time, I apologize. To me, it looks like it didn't post!
I just wanted to let you know I'm in for the 5th! I haven't donated blood in way too long and this is a great reason to get it on the calendar!
Any word on Judi's liver scan?
We're thinking about you guys a lot and hoping we get to see you sometime soon. How was your Thanksgiving trip home? Hope it was a good one!
Take care of yourselves!
Love you,
C & K
Post a Comment