Yesterday, March 26 I was scheduled for a portal vein embolization.
They got me ready for the procedure, wheeled me down and did more prep work and gave me some twilight sedation (you're not really aware of what's going on but not fully asleep). After the doctor was finished and wheeled me out to some waiting area and I was a little more awake to hear him (but not remember too much) he told me he wasn't able to access the portal vein that goes to the liver as my liver was sitting higher than most peoples'. So he tried to do the procedure, I have the bandaid covering the puncture site and a little bit of pain as well, to prove it.
So now this doctor will speak with the surgeon and they'll decide what the next step is. Until then I'm just taking it easy and enjoying this beautiful spring-like weather.
Can't wait to play around in the garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment