Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heart of a 20 year old!

Today I had a follow-up appointment with the internal medicine doctor. He's the one taking care of me for the blood clots I developed after surgery. He recommended that I stay on the Innohep shots till at least after surgery. Then I can switch to a pill form of blood thinner (cummodin) for another 3 months or so. Once I am declared blood clot free, I will no longer need to be on blood thinners.

The liver surgeon had mentioned that a filter could be put in the artery to prevent blood clots from traveling from the legs to the lungs and suggested I ask the internal medicine doctor what he suggests. So I did and he said "No" that wouldn't be necessary.

Now for the great news! I had an EKG and an ultrasound of my heart about a month or so ago. The doctor went over the results with me and said everything looked great! He said I "have the heart of a 20 year old"! Wow. Even though my body sure doesn't feel that young I'm glad my heart is so healthy. Now to get the rest of me healthy :)

Just wanted to pass this along to you.
Have a wonderful day.
Judi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise God for all of the great medical results!!!!