Monday, December 08, 2008

Praise God!! - Awesome News!

I went to the liver surgeon today. He looked at the 2 Cat Scans. The one before surgery (or just after - I can't remember) and the one just a couple weeks ago. There were still 2 spots in the same area. There was no change. This is good news. The doctor said he doesn't think it's cancer since there was no change. If cancer, it would have grown or shrunk (from chemo). Since he doesn't think it's cancer, he's sending me for a biopsy only. If he finds it is cancer then I'll need surgery, but he would wait till I'm done all chemo before doing surgery. If not cancer he said it could be a cyst or something like that but nothing serious or needing surgery!! Wow! isn't that great?! The hospital will call me with an appointment for the biopsy. I don't need to stop chemo just my innophep (blood thinner) shots for a couple days. That means I should be done chemo the end of February!! I've had 6 treatments and I have 6 more to go. They seem to be going a little faster now. It's just so amazing how God is giving me peace through this whole thing. Thank you for your prayers. They sure do help!

Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth!
Sing about the glory of his name!
Tell the world how glorious he is.
Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
Your enemies cringe before your mighty power.
Everything on earth will worship you;
they will sing your praises,
shouting your name in glorious songs."
Come and see what our God has done,
what awesome miracles he performs for people!
Psalm 66:1-5

1 comment:

Chris, Kristen, Mackenzie & Reilly said...

Thank you God! I've been thinking about you and praying for good news...so, the chemo treatments that you're undergoing are to make sure that any cancer that might be left from the colon surgery will be killed? The spots on your liver are the only other spots they've found in your body and they're doing the chemotherapy as a precautionary and preventative measure?
I'm so happy for you and praise God for your attitude and peace in all of this. You're truly a testimony to what faith means.
We love you so much!
C & K