Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Answering some questions

Judi had chemo today, so she's back on the couch resting.

She was told the results of the CT scan; still two spots on her liver, unchanged. The surgeon appointment on Monday will tell us how we're going to proceed.

Thanksgiving - it was good to see family this past weekend for the US Thanksgiving. Everyone marvelled at how good Judi looks (and she does). Even today, after chemo - she looks good. Just a bit tired. My brother, sister-in-law, and my parents are in Florida and enjoyed Thanksgiving celebrations there. We had lunch at my sisters' on Sunday, and had a good time getting caught up with their lives. We met with all of Judi's family (we missed you Tracey) on Saturday and had a wonderful barbecued turkey dinner.

Judi showed me her chart of her bloodwork numbers, so like a good engineer I put them in a spreadsheet.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

God bless you,

Rick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an engineer, I had to look at your spreadsheet but need an interpretation now Rick - what does it all mean? thanks for the updates! Linda Caine & I saw a man who reminded us of you today at Macaroni Grill in AA.
Rita

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great updates guys -- you're continually in our prayers. Glad you got to spend time with family on OUR Thanksgiving. Hey, you get to celebrate God's blessings with 2 national holidays - cool! Praying all goes well with your appt. on Monday. Hope Judi is feeling better since her last treatment.
Love to all, Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick and Judi,

Continuing to pray for you both and your family. I just wanted to share a verse that has meant alot to our family over the past several years. I hope it encourages you.

Psalm 71:20-22
You have allowed me to suffer much hardship. But you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
You will restore me to even greater honour, and comfort me again. Then will I praise you with music on the harp because you are faithful to your promises O God.

With our love and prayers,
Rob and Beth (Grainger)and family