Just a quick update. I know we haven't posted much lately but things seem to be very routine. Even with the treatments the side effects so far are pretty much the same. So nothing to write about there.
My biopsy was 10am yesterday morning. We arrived at 8am at admitting. I signed my name and was asked "why are you here?" I looked at the volunteer and drew a blank. I couldn't remember why I was there. Finally I did remember and told her that I was there for a liver biopsy. Either I'm getting old or the chemo is really affecting my memory. I was all registered and they sent me up to the 5th floor waiting room. Then I was called to the Outpatient prep/recovery area. They took my vitals, did blood work and then we waited. I was wheeled down to the basement to the Ultrasound dept around 11am and waited in the hallway for a little while. Then was wheeled into the room and the assistant used the ultrasound to locate the spots. He found one but not the other. The one he found is 2.5 cm and was this size originally so there was no growing or shrinking. (this is good as the Dr thought then it must not be cancer) We waited for the doctor and he showed up only 5 min later. I laid on my side and the doctor froze the area right under my right breast. He said the liver doesn't have any pain receptors so the freezing was just for the surface and inside the abdomen. The needle was actually not that painful. He froze a little then put more freezing in deeper so then I didn't feel that. He said there would be a clicking sound, which was him taking the sample. They took 3 samples and then it was done. Over. Just like that. I was wheeled back to recovery where I waited for 2 hours to make sure there was no bleeding. Then I went home.
I have an appointment with the surgeon on Feb. 2 and should have the results of the biopsy then. I will post those results.
I thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. Please continue to pray, especially that the spots on my liver are not cancer. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment