Friday, April 04, 2008
What if it was just an adjustment that was needed?
So, the washer is in pieces. It's on it's side, and the oil is leaking out of the gearbox. Why, you might ask? Well, the spin cycle wasn't working because the tub wasn't spinning. We could see that there was a clutch mechanism that was slipping. I wanted to be able to put the washer upside down, so I took everything off the top. Then I started loosening what I thought would be enough on the bottom. It all moved a little, then - no more. So, it doesn't want to come apart. But - what if there's actually an adjustment for the clutch and I really didn't need to take it all apart? Possible bummer, don't know yet. Either way, I'm here behind the computer because I don't know what more to do with it tonight. I would have run all this past J, but she's not here. The kids aren't here. The dog never really understands. So - I'm telling you.