Monday, June 29, 2009

Updates

It has been quite some time since I posted, so I'm going to do a quick summary of events since May 21.

May 24th - Happy Birthday Jonathan - he turned 22! Also - Happy 29th Anniversary to Evelyn & Peter (Rick's sister and brother-in-law).
May 25th - celebrated Jonathan's birthday by ordering in food from Applebee's. (I wasn't quite up to going to a restaurant just yet)
The results of the ultrasound I had on May 21 were fine. The doctor said it all looked good.
May 29th - Rick's last day of work. He is officially terminated.
May 29th or so started to get very itchy all over.
June 5-7 Rick and Jonathan went to Louisville, KY for a convention. Becca, Fargo and I had a quiet weekend at home.
June 10 - checkup with surgeon. He says I'm getting better. I say not fast enough :) It turns out the itching is connected to the jaundice. The doctor wasn't sure why I didn't get it right away, instead of when my bilirubin number has come down. He prescribed Cholestyramine which is a powder you mix with water. Then when you drink it, it feels like you're drinking sand. I took this for a few days then got a bad cold and cough and couldn't take it anymore. After 2 days of the cold though, I noticed the itch went away - yeah!!
June 12 - Jonathan's graduation ceremony. He completed the Hospitality & Hotel Mgmt program. Rick's parents and my Mom also came for the ceremony. The same day of the ceremony the Red Bull Races were qualifying out in the Detroit River so we watched them for a while. Then in the evening Rick's parents took us out for dinner. It was also Rick's sister Evelyn's birthday!
June 13 - I got sick with a cough/cold/fever. I went to my family doctor on June 16 and she checked me out. She said it probably wasn't anything serious but gave me antibiotics just in case, with my history of cancer and surgeries.
June 22/23 - air conditioning died.
June 25-26 - Rick & I went to St. Catharines for a quick visit. It was great. We got away from the heat wave and when we came back Friday night it had gotten somewhat cooler.
June 28 - had a yummy bbq lunch at church and a great time fellowshipping with friends.
June 29 - enjoying these cooler temps and having all the windows open!

That was my not-so-quick update. I am feeling better. It's really a great time right now for Rick to be home. Since I have to take it easy he's able to help me out. I can do the laundry except for carrying it all downstairs (and up again when it's done) and pulling it out of the washer, so he helps with that. I also need someone to push the grocery cart and load the groceries in the car so off we go to Zehr's.

God has blessed us with friends and family who continue to lift us up in prayer and we are so thankful for them. His presence is felt with each step we take on this journey.
Thanks for following along on this journey.
God bless you!
Judi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to read your update and feel your SONshiny spirit jump off the page! Glad your cold is behind you, too!

Love you,
Laura

Dan said...

You are a true inspiration! I am so moved to find who was behind the post on my site, We Will Go On. Rick or you stopped by and shared your encouragement. I am thanking God for your wellness and victory over this very difficult illness.

My prayers for your continued recovery and return to strength.